Thursday 10 November 2011

Screw Paypal

Screw PayPal

Today i decided that Paypal is a untrustworthy way of paying for anything on the net. I have had an account with paypal for about 7 years and have had numerous problems with the organisation.
I had £112 taken from my account a few years ago without my knowledge  and although i got the money back, i had to wait for a long investigation and no explaination as to why or how it was taken?, This led to me buying from paypal a security tag devise that gives me a random generated number everytime i wish to log into my account , this number  matches up with something there end and lets me access my account.( i wonder how many other people bought one of these devices after having money taken from there account,) would be a clever way for paypal to get people to but these things. I have also had problems with hidden subscriptions, these are subscriptions you have set up with various online services and paid by paypal and hidden cleverly in your account (i say hidden, you really have to search to find these subcriptions in you paypal account), you then decide to cancel the subscription with who ever you have set it up with but unless you also cancel the hidden subscription in Paypal, the payment will be made automacticly without any warning and the first you hear about this is when the payment has been made. i does not matter to paypal how much you complain and state you cancelled the subscription they will not reimburse you.
This has happened a couple of times for me. The final straw came this week when i purchased a item from ebay for £119, paypal have taken the money from my bank (it has physically gone), the item i bought was not sent and the seller gave a full refund, fine you think!, no for some reason Paypal have put the refund on Hold, meaning i do not have access to it?. I contacted Paypal and asked what is going on and was simply told "sorry we are waiting to receive the original payment from your Bank and wont relise the funds until we do this could take 5-7 days),ok so well the hell is the money from my bank gone, apparently paypal processing department have it but have not processed it yet (need to earn a bit of Interest on it first). So i now have to wait for paypal to process my payment befor i can have my money that they took from my account that belongs to me and Paypal have no legal right too.

As you may be aware, i'm not a happy chappy and will be boycotting Paypal from now on. As soon as my money is available i will take it reom paypal and close both my Paypal and Ebay account (as i can no longer operate a sellers account without Ebay) Ebay is not the cheap Auction house it stated up to be and as for trying to sell on Ebay, forget it!, the charges both Ebay and Paypal take makes it impossible for the small person to make aprofit from any sales


No comments: